Aluphone with orchestra:
Oriol Cruixent “Oraculum” Op.72 (Latin, m., literally: oracle) is a Concerto for Multi-Percussion and Orchestra in seven parts, suggesting a musical Way through the seven Chakras. Oracles were thought to be portals through which the gods spoke directly to people. Chakras (Sanskrit, m., literally: wheel, discus, circle) are the various energy centers between the physical body and the subtle human body used in a variety of meditation practices in Tantric Hinduism, Tantric-Buddhist Vajrayana and in Yoga. In “Oraculum” the Solo Percussion Part acts as a Oracle inviting the asking listener to allow the opening of his own chakras one by one through an active and conscious listening experience.
Oriol Cruixent has composed and dedicated “Oraculum” to the percussionist Vivi Vassileva, with whom he has a long-standing musical friendship. World premiere May 19, 2019
- Jill Jarman´s Sounds of Science for Percussion soloist & Orchestra. The piece of music is approximately 20 minutes and had its official world première at the project launch on Wednesday March 30th 2016 at the Queen’s Hall, Edinburgh, as part of the Edingburgh Science Festival. Premieres by Evelyn Glennie
- Sean O’Boyle´s percussion concerto “Portraits of Immortal Love“, February 14, 2015Spartanburg Philharmonic Orchestra, Sarah Ioannides, Music Director with Dame Evelyn Glennie as soloist.
- Anders Koppel Concerto for Aluphone and Symphony Orchestra. Soloist plays aluphone and marimba. World Premier January 16th and 17th, 2014 with Evelyn Glennie as the soloist. Written for Aluphone Glennie Concert 2 1/2 oct. Listen here. You can get the music from Edition Wilhelm Hansen: score – solo part
- James MacMillan “Percussion Concerto No.2” Premiere by Colin Currie, November 7, 2014, Netherlands Radio Philharmonic Orchestra with James Gaffigan at the Muziekcentrum Vredenburg (Utrecht)
- Mark Bowden Heartland, percussion concerto with Symphony Orchestra. Percussion part includes Aluphone Glennie Concert. Premier by BBC Wales May 15, 2013. Soloist Julian Warburton Conducter: Grant Llewellyn. Recorded in January 2013 by BBC National Orchestra of Wales.
- Max de Wardener Percussion Concerto with Symphony Orchestra: Percussion part includes Aluphone Glennie Concert. World premier June 19, 2013 in L´Auditorium de Bordeaux with Collin Currie as soloist.
- Per Noergaard: Bach to the Future. Two percussion players and chamber orchestra. Aluphone Stensgaard Concert instead of steelpan. Premier April 1, 2012. Gert Mortensen and Qiao Jia Jia, Cross Fire, with the Black Diamond Ensemble, Copenhagen.
- Peter Wallin: Space III – Beyond the Pleiades, Concerto for Aluphone and large String Orchestra. 2012.
- Jorge Bennett-Limnio: Christmas Fantasy on 4 French Carols, Small Orchestra & Aluphone
Aluphone in Orchestra:
- CAPRICCIO FOR DARABUKA & ORCHESTRA by Askell Másson.Oct 22, 2017 World Premiere. Iceland – Akureyri Hof Concert House. Sinfonia North, Askell Masson (Darabuka), Petri Sakari (cond.)
Instrumentation: 184.108.40.206. – 220.127.116.11 – perc.(3) – solo concertino group: 1 Clarinet, 1 violin, 1 cello – Darabuka solo – str.
- Askell Masson Symphony No 3
- Francisco Coll García Mural for Symphony Orchestra premiered by Orchestre Philharmonique du Luxembourg, September 2016 Video
- Adam Schoenberg La Luna Azul for Symphony Orchestra. The Aluphone bell tree Emilio Grand is a part of the percussion section. (2012) commissioned by Robert Spano and the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra. Premiered by the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra, Robert Spano conducting, March 1- 4,2012Adam Schoenberg Bounce for Symphony Orchestra. The Aluphone Glennie Concert is a part of the percussion section. co-commissioned by the Aspen Music Festival and School and Los Angeles Philharmonic. Premiered by the Aspen Music Festival and School, Robert Spano conducting, July 17, 2013. West Coast premiere by the Los Angeles Philharmonic at Hollywood Bowl, Miguel Harth-Bedoya conducting, September 10, 2013Greg Jackson: Symphony No 3 – more info comong soon
- Francisco Coll: Mural Will be premiered by www.philharmonie.lu this September 2016. The percussion section includes an Aluphone.
- Dominic Murcott: Harmonic Canon, Arx Duo performance
- Anders Aastrand: Bell Power. Aluphone with percussion ensemble. Performance at PASIC 2014
- James Campbell: Night Hunter. Percussion ensemble with Aluphone Stensgaard Concert. Premiered by The University of Kentucky Percussion Ensemble.
- Jordan Munson: Circle of Wills. Percussion group 2012.
- Ruud Roelofsen: Necropolis I. Percussion trio 2013. Aluphone, vibraphone and crotales.John Cage: Chess Pieces. Arranged for mallet quintet by James Campbell 2012. Written for Aluphone Glennie Concert
- Bertram Wee from Singapore, new work Dithryambs for Aluphone solo, premièred by Evelyn Glennie at Cadogan Hall. Listen here
“I think the Aluphone is an instrument with a beautiful, otherworldly sound but I think the greatest challenge was trying to overcome it’s physical limitations. I would love to write more for the instrument in an ensemble/orchestral context”Bertram Wee
- Alu Song for Aluphone Concert with Aluphone bass. Askell Másson Edition Bim Level: intermediate
Duration: 4’30 Sample download
- Greg Jackson: Gate of Pearl, op. 75
- Jesper Hendze: Four Pieces for Aluphone. Aluphone solo. Premier by Henrik Larsen 2012.Hans Petet Stubbe Teglbjærg: A—-lumina Elastico. Aluphone, vibraphone, crotales and gong. Premier by Henrik Larsen April 30, 2013 at Aarhus Concert Hall.
- Peter O´Gorman: Wine Dark Sea. Aluphone and crotales. Premièred May 4, 2012, by Zenon Dance Company and Peter O’Gorman. Commissioned by Zenon Dance Company and created with choreographed Wynn Fricke
- Kai Stensgaard: Twin Piece. Aluphone Glennie Concert and marimba, solo by one player. 2013.
- Jesus Martinez: Mirando a Esmeralda. Aluphone Solo 2013 for Javier Nandayapa
- Laura Bowler: Alphabet 18.104.22.168.5. Soprano and Aluphone. Premier by Laura Bowler and Henrik Larsen April 30, 2013 at Aarhus Concert Hall.
Peter Bruun: The Sunflower. Aluphone and soprano.Michael Bøndorf: Toccata Piccola, aluphone, vibraphone and timpanyLaurent Mariusse: La Concorde. Aluphone Glennie Concert and electronics. 2013.
- Rick Smith: Caliban’s Dream. Performed by Evelyn Glennie for the first time on 27 July 2012 at the opening ceremony of the Summer Olympics in London, as the Olympic cauldron was lit by the seven young athletes.
- Pantha du Prince & the Bell Laboratory: “Elements of Light”, “Lay in a shimmer” and “Satellite Snyper”More works with Aluphone is right now being written!!